v.to.rast

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Nov 9 12:34:29 EST 1992

You have to do d.erase as well. There are effectively 2  regions
in  GRASS; one stored in the database and the one associated with
the image on the screen.   If  you  change  the  database  region
(using  g.region  or  d.zoom)  the two region may differ.   GRASS
designers decided that the images  drawn  on  the  screen  should
overlay  properly (even if the database region has changed). Thus
d.rast followed by g.region followed by d.vect should look right.
In  order  to make the displayed region match the database region
you have to run d.erase.

|Hello,
|I've been trying to convert a vector file into a raster format. The conversion seems
|to go OK, using v.to.rast but when I do d.vect for the image display,
|it's all white!!
|I didn't forget to change the region, and when I do d.rast nothing but a white strip
|displays.
|
|What am I doing wrong??
|Can someone give me some help??
|
|Thanks
|
|Cristina Seabra
|New University of Lisbon
|Lisbon, Portugal
|

|cis at fct.unl.pt

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at amber.cecer.army.mil  Office of GRASS Integration
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005