r.slope.aspect

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Nov 10 11:31:52 EST 1992

While modifiying r.slope.aspect to work with  lat-lon  databases,
command  line  version  of  r.slope.aspect  was  also modified to
compute 360 degrees of aspect instead of 24 categories of apsect.
The  interactive  version  (which gathers user input an then runs
the command-line version) was modified to reflect  these  changes
but was not put on the ftp site (oversight).

The 4.0 interactive version says it will create 24 categories  of
aspect, but if you installed the new command-line version you get
360.

The interactive version still  has  some  minor  problems  (which
existed  in 4.0). When these are corrected, this new version will
be placed on the ftp site.

|Hi, I changed r.slope.aspect in june.
|You have the old manual, and header needs to be changed
|thanx for bringing it to my attention.
|There should be as many categories as the number of distinct
|integer values of aspect the program computes.
|I think the simpliest thing to change it to less cats
|is to run r.rescale 1,24 or something like that.
|I'll ask my supervisor, Michael if I should make it one
|of the options: to scale the data after the calculation
|is finished.
|Olga

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at amber.cecer.army.mil  Office of GRASS Integration
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005