GRASS Tutorial

Alan McPherron mcph at archeo.anthro.pitt.edu
Wed Nov 11 13:15:35 EST 1992

In my opinion there exists no good and comprehensive GRASS tutorial.
The preliminary draft by Parks needs extensive revision and editing
if not fundamental rethinking before it can be considered usable
"off the shelf"; the material in the User's Manual is OK for the
modules it deals with, but a lot isn't covered.  John Ressler's
"The GRASS Problem-Solving Manual" is in many ways the best, although
it jumps from a very elementary treatment of GIS into some pretty
heavy-duty use of GRASS modules.  Contact Non-Credit Programs, Central
Washington University, Ellensburg WA 98926.  Tel:  (509) 963-1504.
As far as I know it's available only from this source.

                       A l a n    M c p h e r r o n

		G I S  Lab              | Tel: 412/648-7513
		Anthropology Dept       | Telefax /648-5911
		Univ of Pittsburgh      | mcph at archeo.anthro.pitt.edu
		PITTSBURGH PA 15260 USA |   or  MCPH at PITTUNIX.BITNET