GRASS beginner's document

martijn at adam.frw.uva.nl martijn at adam.frw.uva.nl
Wed Nov 11 19:38:53 EST 1992

Due to overwhelming interest I'll put the GRASS beginner's manual (WP 5.1
format) in our anonymous ftp directory. This may take a little time, since
we have a bug there (you can't "dir" once you're in there). For those of
you who have requested different formats for the document or have offered
help, the following may be of interest:
	* I'll also put the PostScript version on ftp
	* As long as no more permanent solution is available, I am willing
	  to act as a mailbox for any additions or alterations to this
	  beginner's manual, posting monthly "supplements".
	* The manual does not contain material of the 'System Manager's Tips'
	  kind, though it might be a good idea to add that too.

BTW, to use anonymous ftp, you ftp to scanner.frw.uva.nl, login as anonymous,
password "your_internet_address". You get the file with 'get filename' and
leave with quit.

Martijn van Leusen