New v.digit digitizer specification file

Dave Gerdes dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Oct 2 17:55:42 EDT 1992

> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 13:35:04 CDT
> From: dpgerdes at diego.cecer.army.mil (Dave Gerdes)
> Sender: lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at amber.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: New v.digit digitizer specification file
>

> We have recently created a new version of v.digit which no
> longer requires one to write code for each new digitizer that
> is supported.  We took John Dabritz's code from LTPlus and stuck it into
> digit with a few minor changes and viola.
>
> Now all that is needed is to create an ascii file which defines how to
> communicate with the digitizer in an easy to understand format.
>
> I am looking for a few kind souls with odd brands of digitizers to
> alpha test this program and to develop definition files for inclusion
> with GRASS 4.1.

etc..

I should add:

    1.  This will take some work on the tester's part to read the digitizer
	manual and build the config file for their digitizer.  We
	can set it up so that if there are duplications, the successes
	are shared.

    2.  This is an advance notice.  We are still finalizing the code
	for distribution and putting together a rudimentary manual
	to aid in building the files.   Should be 2-3 weeks before
	distribution of files.

  Thanks.

--

  Dave Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  dpgerdes at cecer.army.mil
  (217) 352-6511 x591