Question on v.support

Marjorie Larson larson at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Oct 6 11:51:11 EDT 1992

> Sometimes when we run v.in.tiger12 with -t option (to run v.support)
> it gives a warning saying:
>
> line 1950 label:1855367 matched another label:1855368
>
>       What does this mean ? Can we always ignore it ?
>
> Thankyou,
> Laxmi P. Musunur

I did a limited amount of work using the v.in.tiger routines under
GRASS4.0 in conjunction with some applications people doing heavy
work with the data.  Our experience was that this message (double
labeling of a line) sometimes appeared while importing TIGER
data, and it was usually a glitch in the original (TIGER) data file.
We didn't ever come up with an alternate reason for the message.

Marji Larson
USACERL