Aggregation problems

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Tue Oct 13 11:46:26 EDT 1992

> GRASS ALWAYS resamples as follows: go to the center of  the  grid
> cell  for  the  current region, compute the coordinates, find the
> grid cell that contains these coordinates, look in  the  map  and
> extract the value in that grid cell and that value represents the
> value for the "output" grid cell for the current region.

Well, I'm glad that it works this way and that my first assumption was
wrong, because this is the way I like it to be.  This will open up some
new possibilities for me.

Is the resampling that d.rast is doing from the cell file to the screen
pixels working the same way ?

Lars

Lars Schylberg                    Email: larss at fmi.kth.se
Department of Photogrammetry
Royal Institute of Technology     Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN       Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10