Digitizing in X,Y coordinates

jray at utkux1.utk.edu jray at utkux1.utk.edu
Wed Oct 14 07:16:14 EDT 1992

I have recently been trying to digitize a number of maps using v.digit and
seem to have run into a problem. The maps are projected into township &
range lines which we are converting to decimal degrees and, as such, are
using an X,Y projection in GRASS. However, when I try to use v.digit
it tells me that the map scale is undefined (Inf) and even after typing in
a map scale (24000 or 40000) v.digit is still not happy. Is there any way
to resolve this problem? Is there some step I have omitted between setting
up the GRASS location/mapset and starting v.digit.

Thanks in advance,

Julian J. Ray
Transportation Center
University of Tennessee,