Tutorials

Marjorie Larson larson at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Oct 26 09:28:23 EST 1992

>I am a new user of GRASS from Japan. I've just finished
>the installation and I'm very eager to start using GRASS.
>When I ran grass4.0, it said somthing about a tutorial
>named "GIS Tools Access". Can you please tell me where
>can I find this tutorial?

The document named "GIS Tools Access" was a part of the
GRASS 3.0/3.1 documentation, and was never updated for
GRASS4.0.

>Another question: What is the ftp address from where I
>can get the RIM database?

You can get RIM as part of the GRASS4.0 release (it will
be located under the src.related subdirectory).  RIM is
written in FORTRAN, and therefore you need a FORTRAN
compiler to be able to use it.  The ftp directory where
you can get a copy of GRASS4.0 is:

ftp moon.cecer.army.mil (IP address: 129.229.20.254)

Marji Larson
USACERL