No subject

Michael Camann camann at athena.cs.uga.edu
Tue Oct 27 12:00:18 EST 1992

I need to convert a number of landscape maps into hexagonal cells approx.
one hectare in area.  Can anyone recommend ways to accomplish this with
GRASS?

Specifically, I have layers representing vegetation characteristics, soils,
etc, for several adjacent 7.5 minute quads.  These need to be divided into
hexagonal cells where each hexagon is catagorized as the dominant category in
the "untransformed" landscape.  Thus, hexagons containing a mix of forest
types but mostly even-aged pine stands would be reclassified so that the entire
hexagon represented even-aged pine.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to do this?

				Mike Camann
				camann at athena.cs.uga.edu

				(706) 542-2640
				      542-2816