mapmask

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed Oct 28 14:07:18 EST 1992

r.mapmask never made it into 4.0. Neither did  d.digit.  However,
if   you   get   the  updates  to  grass4.0  from  the  ftp  site
(moon.cecer.army.mil), you will find two programs  r.in.poly  and
r.digit.  r.digit  allows users to create a raster map by drawing
polygons on the screen (i.e, it is the replacement for  d.digit).
It gathers coordinates and passes the them to r.in.poly to create
the raster map so you need both. AND for r.in.poly to compile you
need the updates to the gis library (src/libes/gis).

|GRASS 3.x had a program called mapmask (I think that's the right name).
|It allowed users to draw polygons on a map layer and then make them the
|current mask.
|
|Is there an analogous program in GRASS 4.0?  There is a reference to
|r.mapmask in the g.manual "list", but no manual page is available.  If the
|program exists, I assume that it didn't compile along with the other
|GRASS code.  Where does the code live?
|
|Thanks....
|			Mike Camann
|			camann at athena.cs.uga.edu

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 373-7277                P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005