r.surf.contour

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Sep 8 11:19:32 EDT 1992

If you are running  under  SUN  Unix,  there  is  a  bug  in  the
relationship  with  malloc and virtual memory. If a program tries
to allocate more the .5 G of  memory,  then  malloc()  will  core
dump,  even if you have allocated a larger amount of disk for the
virutal memory. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem
or not.  But it does constitute an "unadvertized limit"

|I'm trying to run r.surf.contour over a large file ( > 5K by 5K).
|It grinds away for some time, then quits with a message
|"Segmentation fault:  core dumped."

|With a very small region set, it seems to work OK.  Is there some
|unadvertized limit to the area r.surf.contour can work on?

Michael