Problem with v.in.arc

Susan Benjamin susan at tenaya.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 8 17:16:11 EDT 1992

Thanks for all your help, the problem seems to be solved.
The solution mentioned by many was to create an "arc" directory
in the mapset directory and put the files from ARC/INFO there.

We also discovered that the ARC coverage has to be set to
single precision before you run UNGENERATE. If not, v.in.arc
blows up.  (Due to the many wonders of ARC/INFO, if your
coverage isn't in single precision, you must first COPY it
to another coverage that is set to single precision, then run UNGENERATE.)

Could these minor little details please be included in the
next version of the documentation for v.in.arc? (My apologies if
we've missed them.)

Thanks,
Susan Benjamin   (susan at tenaya.arc.nasa.gov)