RDBS & input of scanned topos

hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de
Thu Sep 17 09:11:45 EDT 1992

Dear colleagues at the GRASSu-l,
   having installed now the system onto a TEK-88/34
we w'd like to ask for your experience

- to connect GRASS with a relational DBS like INGRES etc.
- to get scanned topos into the system for other regions.

The problem is that we have at the moment access to
desktop scanners only (connected to Apple MACintosh).
The hardware troubles in the "Wild East of Germany"
are still alife, nevertheless the Cocom list disappeared.

Transfer of *.PS files over the TUD-LAN we could manage
and transformed them to the MAC format for PS-laserprint.
Now we want to input some *.TIFF like scanned topos
to use them with GRASS.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance,
Frank Hoffmann,
TU Dresden