S statistical package

W. Fredrick Limp fred at kirk.uark.edu
Fri Sep 18 13:40:23 EDT 1992

In reviewing GRASS-U mail I came across the following... I don't
know if it was responded to at the time so (apologies if already
dealt with)

S Plus is available from Statistical Sciences Inc. in Seattle Wa.,
I don't have a number but it should be available from information.
The S Plus interface for GRASS data is (and has been for some time) available
from the anon FTP apl.washington.edu (Advanced Physics Lab at Univ.
of Washington, Seattle.) A contact there is Dr. Keith Kerr.
kerr at apl.washington.edu.  The interface, which is a series of S Plus
functions with an x-gen front end, allows the user to perform a number
os statistical analyses of GRASS data using point-and-click.  The
development was funded by a NASA SBIR as a prototype. The development
of a "real" version has not yet been funded but the prototype does do
a number of really interesting things and can be extended by any
capable S Plus user.  It is not a commercial product.  Though
S Plus is.  I might mention that Statistical Sciences  (StatSci) is a
charter supporter of the new Open GRASS Foundation.  You might want to
talk with Dr. Doug Martin at StatSci if you have questions there.

--
W. Fredrick Limp,   Director                     FAX: (501) 575-3846
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
Fayetteville AR 72701                             fred at kirk.uark.edu