Lambert Azimuth Equal Area

Kelly Jardot jardot at brcsun1.tamu.edu
Wed Sep 30 11:24:13 EDT 1992

Does anyone know how to convert a map from Lambert Azimuth Equal Area to
Lambert Coniform that Grass knows about.  The particular map that I havewas brought in from AVHRR data CD's which are in Lambert Azimuth format.
I have tried running r.support, changing the header to LCC coordinates which I calculated with m.geo.  I ended up with a map of the US that has been "squashed" and looks like a banana.  The original map before r.support looked ok, but was in wrong place.