grass.to.ipw

Greg Koerper greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Fri Apr 2 15:14:02 EST 1993

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Fri Apr  2 11:36:55 1993
>
> 	I am trying to use the grass.to.ipw function and get the following
> error:
> OPTION:   input GRASS raster file
>      key: map
> required: YES
> ERROR: System not initialized. Programmer forgot to call G_gisinit()
>
> What do I need to change?
>
> Sam Gustman

Looks like my error, Sam.  I don't know that anyone at our site has ever used
the program in interactive mode.  But now that I HAVE, I see the error.

2 workarounds:  (1) use command line arguments (2) move the G_gisinit call in
main.c to precede the call to G_define_flag and recompile the utility.

I have done the latter, and it appears to work in interactive mode now as long
as you have redirected output (the ipw file which is created) on the command
line.

greg

Greg Koerper                            Internet: greg at heart.cor.epa.gov
ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc.  UUCP:     hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!koerper
US EPA Environmental Research Lab
200 SW 35th St., JSB
Corvallis, OR   97333           "The 90s will make the 60s look like the 50s.
(503) 754-4490                          Just ask your kids."
 fax:  (503) 754-4338