Grass4.1beta

Stuart Bradshaw lewis!bradshaw at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Fri Apr 9 12:50:10 EDT 1993

> Two queries.
>
> 1. The XDRIVER failed to make in Grass4.1beta on our Sparc 2. The problem
> was the file includes.h which looks for non-existent Xol.h, Xlib.h etc in
> usr/openwin/include. Our system is standard I think. What is the solution?
> At present our solution is simply to use the compiled XDRIVER from Grass4.0
> which seems to work perfectly.
>

> Thanks
>
> Mike Hill
>

> Michael J Hill
> Research Scientist
> CSIRO Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, NSW, Australia,2350.
> E-Mail address: mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au

You may have a problem in your installation of SUN Openwindows, I have run
into this problem in GRASS 4.0 and had to install some more software from
the SUN OS release media. The bundle you may be missing is:

OpenWindows_Programmers category

and this can be added easily using the add_services command, so talk to youre
systems administrator.