Information Content

Ferenc Csillag fcsillag at mailbox.syr.edu
Thu Apr 15 13:55:02 EDT 1993

Nadim, from UOklahoma writes:

> We are calculating the information content (entropy) of a map a different sca
> les using GRASS
> and an "awk" script we wrote. Has anyone done something like this ?

I have been calculating information content of maps as a function of
resolution and analyzed differences due to covariance structure,
spatial heterogeneity, etc.
However, I've not done these things under GRASS - I have a small project
with Hungarian (soil) scientists who want to use GRASS in the near future.
I would be interested in your scripts - in exchange I can offer a
copy of a recent paper submitted to a Pattern and Image Analysis
Conference.

*Ferko Csillag
 Geography/Syrcause