How do I run a GRASS script from "cron" ?

John Del Ferro johnd at nap61.nap.usace.army.mil
Thu Apr 15 18:08:55 EDT 1993

   I have some maps that display the latest streamflow and
   precipitation at our gage sites. The gage data is updated hourly.
   How can I run grass from a background cron process to
   automatically execute the script that updates the maps. I know
   how to use cron reasonably well, I just don't know how to
   run a full grass session from a script.

  John Del Ferro                   U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
  TEL: 215-656-6690                     Philadelphia District
  155.78.101.5                     Hydraulics & Hydrology  Branch
  johnd at nap61.nap.usace.army.mil