GRASS on Linux

Kuo-Chen Chang harry at atlas.socsci.umn.edu
Tue Apr 20 07:36:49 EDT 1993

Howdy, H.J.:

Yes, I have been using GRASS on Linux since 4.0.  You need to hack the
source code a little bit. But no big deal.

I can not tell you what hardware to use.  Of course, the fast the better.
Since you have to run GRASS under X WIndow, the amount of available RAM is
very important.  Here is my system configuration:
	486DX2-66MHz
	20 MB RAM w/256 KB cache RAM
	340 MB IDE HD (C)
	210 MB IDE HD (D)