DTED into ARC/INFO

Brian Hoolihan brian at saic.rsd.saic.com
Wed Apr 28 13:15:56 EDT 1993

Steve,
    Many years ago (about 4) we imported both DTED and DFAD info
ARC/INFO.  We wrote our own code to extract the features from
the DFAD and put them in the "generate" format.  We then had
to clean the data up alot because the DFAD stores all vectors
of every feature meaning that it has many duplicate lines
which will cause slivers and gaps if there not taken care of.
We also imported the DTED by writing code (using the ESRI
object modules) to create the lattices directly.  I believe
there must be a better way to do this (and cheaper!!).  It
took us about a month to develop all this code.
                                                Brian

* Brian Hoolihan                                  *
* SAIC                  PHONE: (407)676-3102      *
* 700 S. Babcock St.      FAX: (407)676-1628      *
* Suite 300            e-mail: brian at rsd.saic.com *
* Melbourne, Florida                              *
* 32901                                           *