LL coordinate system

Irina Kosinovsky irina at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Apr 29 12:29:11 EDT 1993

In info.grass.user you write:

>I want to convert a scanned map (x,y coordinate system) into latitud/longitude
> coordinate system. With the i.points (i.rectify,...) command I can convert
>my map into the UTM coordinate system or the State Plane coordinate system
>but not into latitud/longitude coordinate system.
>Does anyone know how I could do this?.
>Thanks in advance.

>Anabel Donadios
>Eurogis

To convert a vector map from one projection  to the other use v.proj
To convert (x,y) from one projection to another use m.proj (it has an
options to read coordinates from file).

Irina
--
Irina Kosinovsky [irina at zorro.cecer.army.mil]
Construction Engineering Research Labs, US Army Corps of Engineers