Importing PICT/TIFF files:summary and thanks

FRANKIE RAMOS fjr1 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 14 21:00:00 EDT 1993

Hi.

A couple of years back we wrote (not me, I don't know enough programming 8^))
a couple of programs to read TIFF files produced by an HP Scanjet scanner
into grass 3.1.  We did this for the Soil Conservation Service, it used the
PD TIFF toolkit.  It was written for AT&T 386 machines running SYSV3.2.
I can try to see if we still have the stuff laying around someplace.  We
tested it very lightly (a few files only), and only with TIFF files produced
by the scanner, so your mileage may vary QUITE a bit!  Let me know if you are
interested.

Cheers.
						Frankie
						fjr1 at cornell.edu