No subject

NetNews Administrator news at ugle.unit.no
Fri Aug 20 09:40:17 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: terjem at igf.unit.no (Terje Midtboe)
Subject: Re: access to PERMANENT (w/code)
Sender: news at ugle.unit.no (NetNews Administrator)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 93 15:40:01 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

Thank you for information about access to PERMANENT. I agree with Greg
and Darrell that it is best that the user got their own mapsets on
their home directory, and (maybe) have got reading access to the
PERMANENT data-sets. However, befor I can organize this setup, I need
to know how access to PERMANENT can be shared. I have tried to remove
all restrictions on a mapset (chmod and g.access), but still only the
owner of the mapset has the permission to open it.
How can I solve this problem? Where is GRASS checking for the
permission?

--

Terje

Terje Midtboe
Division of Surveying and Mapping	Phone:  +47 7 594583
University of Trondheim			Fax:    +47 7 594621
N-7034 TRONDHEIM			E-mail: terjem at igf.unit.no
NORWAY