grass: grid saved as raster. 2

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Aug 23 19:32:24 EDT 1993

Greg Koerper (greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov) writes on 23 Aug 93:
>Because MY answer was wrong.  v.mkgrid works, but it does not define polygon
>areas.  However, this approach may be salvagable if you have some skill with
>shell scripts (or better yet, perl).

does v.to.rast work with labelled *lines*? If not, then I suppose
that it should. If it does, then what about using v.digit to
"Bulk" label all lines as a particular category and then do
the conversion? This would necessitate a cycle through v.out.ascii/v.in.ascii
because v.mkgrid makes the grid lines area edges instead of lines.

--Darrell