Digitizer help, please

Bill Miller bmiller at dg4600.swc.NoDak.edu
Thu Aug 26 13:19:00 EDT 1993

I'm trying to connect a Numonics, Grid Master into my Data General
AViiON 4625 running DG/UX 5.4.2 w/GRASS 4.1.
The Grid Master has 6 standard modes of operation, they are:
1. Numonics Packed Binary - 6 bytes/coordinate pain, 8 data bits,
   no parity, 1000 lpi, 9600 baud, stream mode.
2. SummaSketch (MM series) Absolute - 5 bytes/coordinate pair, 8 bits,
   odd parity, 500 lpi, 9600 baud, switch stream.
3. SummaSketch (MM) Relative - 3 bytes/coordinate pair, 8 bits, odd,
   500 lpi, 9600 baud, switch stream.
4. BitPad I Packed Binary - 5 bytes/coordinate pair, 7 bits, even,
   200 lpi, 9600 baud, stream mode.
5. BitPad I ASCII - 13-15 bytes/coordinate pair, 7 bits, even,
   200 lpi, 9600 baud, stream mode.
6. Microsoft Mouse - 3 bytes/coordinate pair, 7 bits, no, 200 lpi,
   1200 baud, stream mode.

The pad setting can be setup different than above too. ie baud, parity
mode (stream, point, switch stream, incremental stream, polled),
format (ascii, binary)(bit-pad, numonics, microsoft)(metric, english)
etc.
The pointer has only 4 buttons on it.

If you wish, write me direct at "bmiller at dg4600.swc.nodak.edu"

Thanks for your help.