Dem woes: Unexpected Type-3 record encountered

NSF SF Bay research projects nsf at ced.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 2 14:10:37 EST 1993

I have been trying to use the m.dem.extract tool to
convert to grass 1-degree dem files available on the
net.  (These are files -- not tape info.) However, I get
the error message described above.  Is there an easy
fix?

(I realize that I could edit the (ASCII) dem files
with sed to remove header-type info, import these into
grass as raw ASCII raster files, then convert from a
radial projection to UTM, but this is looking like a
hassel.)

Any, any help would be appreciated.

-Howard

   Howard Foster (nsf at ced.berkeley.edu) Ph.D.
   candidate^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H, (got it!) Environmental
   Planning, UC Berkeley.  Phone: 510-848-1241