grass4.1 cell to erdas format

Wang Song wang at cast.uark.edu
Fri Dec 3 15:16:20 EST 1993

	You are right, ERDAS ".gis" file is an uncompress GRASS raster with
128 byte header on top. ERDAS ".lan" format is an BIL formated image with 128
header byte on top.

	ERDAS "fixhed" command allows you to specify the header.

> I don't rememebr whether ERDAS can allow a user to sepcify
> the header. If does, that would be simple.
> JUst give info such as rows and cols. Actually,
> an uncompress GRASS raster is a single band ERDAS file
> without the header.

	Use ERDAS commands either "RDGRASS' or "LDDATA" could help you to load
the GRASS raster file into ERDAS

> Or he may create a dummy image with the exact number of rows
> and cols and dump the 128 byte header into a file.
> Then cat the uncompress raster >> file.

> --Xin
> zhuang at access.digex.com

Song Wang