Looking for SCS Soils documentation

Michael Rose michael.rose at sfwmd.gov
Tue Dec 7 17:26:42 EST 1993

GIS community,

Please forgive my cross-posting this message on GIS-L, ESRI-L, GRASSU

I am trying to get the complete documentation set for the USDA-SCS
Soil Conservation Service Soils databases:  STATSGO, SSERGO, etc.
Could someone direct me to the correct SCS contact phone, address,
person, email address, etc.?   (I have tried the SCS Office of Public
Information, Washington, D.C. already.) --> (202) 205-0026

I would like to receive some documentation that would assist our
agency in setting up STATSGO, SSERGO, etc. GIS databases.  We are
looking for some descriptions of the SCS tables, and attributes.
We are working on setting up the ORACLE and ARC/INFO with this data.
If anyone has any SCS Soils experience, we would like to contact you
to learn from your successes and failures.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Rose                            |  (407) 687-6342 voice
South Florida Water Management District |  (407) 687-6442 FAX1
3301 Gun Club Road                      |  (407) 687-6436 FAX2
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
33416-4680
located at 26 40 32 NORTH  80 05 37 WEST

michael.rose at sfwmd.gov

             "SAVE THE EVERGLADES.....SAVE OURSELVES!"