fifos on Intergraph

Brian Buckley bbuckley at ig0.rs.msu.edu
Wed Dec 8 13:59:59 EST 1993

Hello,
I'm running on an Intergraph 6000 workstation.  While running grass (I'm not
sure what he was doing), a user here somehow deleted the files dev/fifo.13a
and dev/fifo.13b.  Does anyone know how to create them again?  I tried copying
fifo.12a to fifo.13a, but it just hung and didn't work.  The entry just left
of the protection codes is p.  I know that d means a directory, but what does
p mean?
Thanks in advance,
Brian

| Brian J. Buckley                 Michigan State University   |
| Systems Analyst                  Center for Remote Sensing   |
| E-Mail: bbuckley at ig0.rs.msu.edu  115 Manly Miles Building    |
| Phone: (517)355-4519             1405 South Harrison Road    |
| Fax: (517)353-1821               East Lansing, MI 48824  USA |