Need help with icons in ps.map

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Dec 10 15:06:39 EST 1993

> hello,
>
> I have created some icons using p.icon (they are in $LOCATION/icons)
> but when i run ps.map, i get this error:
>
> ERROR: icon roaddots : not found
>
> if i do not specify an icon, the postscript file is created with
> a default icon.
>
> Have i overlooked something critical here?
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated,
> Mary Martin

I am not sure about this, but I suspect that there is a typo in the ps.map
manual pages, where they mention icons created with p.icon; they probably
meant *ps.icon* . Even if icons created with p.icon *do* work, ps.map doesn't
know to look under the icons directory; you need to have a path with the file
name.

Hope this helps, and would be interested if you could confirm your results.

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159