CalComp digitiser

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Wed Dec 22 05:09:42 EST 1993

> Has anyone used a CalComp "Drawing Board" digitiser with GRASS?
> This has no dip-switches.  It is configured via a panel of "buttons"
> on the digitiser surface.  Three configurations can be stored for recall,
> and it comes with GTCO DP5 Hi-Res Binary,  Summagraphics MM 1201 Binary,
> and CalComp 2000 ASCII as defaults.

	Yes, we use that digitizer with GRASS. We installed it for 4.0
	(where you had to write your own driver) and we haven't updated
	to the new parameters system yet (i.e. we use v.digit2),
	but it works just fine.
	The settings on the digitizer to go with the driver are as follows:
	MODE     Run, no prompt (01000)
	PARITY   8bit, no parity (1100)
	BAUDRATE 9600 (001)
	FORMAT   CalComp 9100#5, binary (10000)
	DATARATE 40 PPS (100)
	RES      1000 lpi (110)
	FREQ     ? (1)

	Since I'm about to leave for holidays and won't be within reach
	of email and the like before Jan 4th, I'll put our
	src/mapdev/digitizers/DrawingBoard directory on out ftp server:
	ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de:
	/pub/packages/grass/grass4.1/other_sources/DrawingBoard.tar.gz

	Feel free to mail any questions, but don't expect immediate