where do I get "verbose" in MAPGEN

Scott Wade wade at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Feb 2 10:43:44 EST 1993

Laxmi Prasad Musunur wrote:

> 	I can't find "verbose" command for MAPGEN on my compiled version.
> 	Can someone tell me about how to get it ?
> 	Thankyou,
> 	Laxmi P. Musunur (LP), e-mail: mlp at forestry.auburn.edu

  The "verbose" command is described in the manual for the
  GRASS-MAPGEN Interface.  It was a shell script written
  by the Soil Conservation Service after GRASS4.0 was released.
  It might be available with GRASS4.1.

  It is not something you need to wait for though.  There is
  a MAPGEN command (as opposed to an Interface command) that
  does what you want.  The command is "mapdef" and you can use
  it in this form:

	mapdef -v map_definition_filename

  For example, you might have created a map definition file
  called "map.def".  You now want to review the scale, size,
  and margins of the defined map.  You would type:

	 mapdef -v map.def

  Scott Wade                      wade at zorro.cecer.army.mil
  U. S. Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories
  Env. Compliance Division, Spatial Analysis & Systems Team
  Champaign, Illinois