v.digit

Lisa Levien lisa at cedar.cdf.ca.gov
Thu Feb 4 18:04:21 EST 1993

We are trying to create point maps using v.digit.  I've used v.digit
quite successfully in the past, but am having some odd problems using
it now.  We would like to use Lat/Lon (I am used to UTM), and think this
is where the problem lies.

When we register our points for the quad we are using at the time and
define our region to digitize we get a message regarding scale, like
the calculated scale is not close to the map scale of 24000.  I don't
know what the calculated scale is because it isn't shown.

For resolution in both directions we have use 0:00:30.

I can successfully run v.support, but when I display the quad the coords
are all off? This may seem cryptic but we can't seem to figure out what
else to do!

Can someone help?  Our phone number is (916) 551-3392, ask for Tina!

Thanks