vectors

Brian Kierstead brian at ug.cs.dal.ca
Fri Feb 5 09:24:29 EST 1993

	I have 5 seperate vector files that I want to combine into 1.  Is there a simple
command to do this?  The approach I've taken is to convert them all to ASCII, write a
header with a region large enough to contain all the vectors and concatenate the points
from each file into a single large file.  A problem which arises here is:
MAP NAME:
MAP DATE:
MAP SCALE:    6000
OTHER INFO:
ZONE:         0
WEST EDGE:    1430.469
EAST EDGE:    2106.561
SOUTH EDGE:   -1170.017
NORTH EDGE:   -707.333
MAP THRESH:   0
VERTI:				< what is this?
l  363				< how are these numbers derived? the first
				  is always a one but the second? ( It isn't the number
				  of points, I've checked that possibility )

	Does anyone know?
						- many thanks, briann