vectors

Bruce K. Wylie (303) 490 8336 wylie at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Fri Feb 5 09:50:51 EST 1993

Have you looked at v.patch to combine vectors?

Regards,

Bruce

+++++++++++++++++

>  	I have 5 seperate vector files that I want to combine
into 1.  Is there a simple  command to do this?  The approach
I've taken is to convert them all to ASCII, write a  header
with a region large enough to contain all the vectors and
concatenate the points  from each file into a single large
file.  A problem which arises here is:  ...
  MAP NAME:  MAP
DATE:
 MAP SCALE:    6000
OTHER INFO:  ZONE:         0
WEST EDGE:    1430.469
EAST EDGE:    2106.561
SOUTH EDGE:-1170.017
NORTH EDGE:   -707.333
MAP THRESH:   0
VERTI: what
is this?   l  363				< how are these
numbers derived? the first  is always a one but the second? ( It
isn't the number  of points, I've checked that possibility )
Does anyone know?  - many thanks, briann