v.in.arc problem?

Ken West westk at BCC.ORST.EDU
Fri Feb 5 17:49:08 EST 1993

I've been using v.in.arc to import some data the Forest Service has graciously
provided me.  Every time there is an ID # greater than 3 digits long the program
chokes on it and gives the error message "ERROR: Premature Text-Label EOF.
ID #xxxx not found."

Is this a bug or a limitation in v.in.arc?  If I change the 4 digit numbers to
99 or less v.in.arc has no problem.  I'd like to know if that is what I need to
do or if there is another work-around.  I have alot of files so I'd ideally like
to avoid the editing!

thanks in advance,
ken