No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Mon Feb 8 14:56:40 EST 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: GRASS on LINUX 0.98
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1993 19:56:37 GMT

In <9302030936.AA00287 at ipfd.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de_> schmidt at ipfd.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de (Andreas Schmidt) writes:

>When I compile GRASS 4.0 on LINUX I get the following:

>popen.c: In function 'popen'
>popen.c:15: argument 'cmd' doesn't match prototype
>popen.c:15: argument 'mode' doesn't match prototype
>make: *** [OBJ/popen.o] Error 1.

>I remember some time ago Michael Shapiro solved this problem, but I can't
>find this message.
>Have other people experience to compile GRASS on LINUX?
>Thanks for any help!
>--

>Andreas Schmidt, IPF-Universitaet Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-7500 Karlsruhe
>Telefon: +49 721 608 3676                          Fax: +49 721 694568
>Internet: schmidt at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de

I assume you are having trouble with popen() in src/libes/gis. (I wrote
this a long time ago when we had trouble with a system supplied popen()
that didn't allow two or more simultaneous popen() calls.) If, in fact,
I solved this problem, I don't remember what the solution was.

However, we have since renamed this popen() to G_popen() and the
corresponding pclose() to G_pclose() and modified the routines in the
gis library to call these instead.

Note: I would very much like to know why you are getting this error.
Have the arguments to popen() changed, or is this die to the fact that
the gis library has its own version of popen() which overrides/conflicts
with the system supplied popen()?
--

Michael Shapiro U.S. Army CERL
Environmental Division