conversion from c-map

Carla Elenz grayling!celenz at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Fri Feb 19 16:37:22 EST 1993

I am a new user of GRASS as well as GIS and wonder if anyone knows anything about converting files from c-map to GRASS.  I have some files that were exported to GRASS from c-map on a Dos machine.  The files are *.D_V which looks the same as dig_ascii files; *.D_A, which looks like dig_att; and *.D_C which is like dig_cats.  I am not sure if these files are ascii files already, or need to be converted, or can be loaded into GRASS directly.

I copied each file to the respective directory as above, then did v.import on the D_V files, choosing #3, ascii vector to grass vector.  Then ran v.support.  Some of the files came over as vector files, although there are no labels attached to any of the lines or areas.  I'm stuck.  Any suggestions?

Carla
grayling!celenz at cerl.cecer.army.mil