reading in a SPOT image

Magaly Koch koch at crsa.bu.edu
Tue Feb 23 15:44:53 EST 1993

I'm having problems reading a (panchromatic) spot image into grass.
Here is what I did: I created a x,y coordinate location and set the default
window so that it matches the size of the image. I placed the image file
in the cell directory and ran r.support to create additional support files
(header, cats, and colr). The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to
display the image I get an error message saying can't set color 256, and
when I try to use d.colors it tells me "filename" has more colors than the
graphics device, though I'm using a 24 bit color monitor. I can't change
the colors interactively. Why?

Thanks, Magaly