Continuing x-terminal problems with GRASS

S. E. Walker guernsey at holstein.age.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:45:57 EST 1993

	Thanks to all those who responded to my
distress signal concerning getting GRASS to display
on an x-terminal.

	I tried adding the :0 to the end of the terminal's
IP# in the setenv DISPLAY command.  However, there are still
errors:  I'm getting messages like:

		Graphics driver [x0] started
		Graph_Set:  can't open (blah, blah, blah):0=
		Please start graphics monitor <x0>
		Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

	The listing of supposedly available monitors
includes x0.  I'm running GRASS4.0 from a SUN sparc 2.  The
monitorcap file looks OK, at least to my unknowing eyes.

	Anything else I can check?

	Thanks for any advice.

Sharyl Walker
Dept. of Agricultural Engineering