r.le programs

Andrew Hertz hertz at geog.psu.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:16:09 EST 1993

Filling the void...

1.  Successfully downloaded and uncompressed r.le
2.  Successfully built the r.le software (?)
    Gmake aborted with errors in r.le.setup - couldn't
    find polytocell stuff.  I monkeyed around with makefiles
    with apparent success, but since messages only appear
    to tell you of failures, I'm not sure what generated
    success.  Among the likely candidates, I believe that
    switching to the r.le.setup and polytocell
    subdirectories and running Gmake explicitly from there
    resolved the build difficulties.
    I then reran Gmake from the UW directory and everything
    else built smoothly.
3.  Printed the WordPerfect documentation and postscript
    figures and everything appears to be there (55 pages)
    except the Appendix 3 Help Menus page is just a title...
4.  Superficially executed several routines, particularly
    r.le.setup, but since I don't yet understand the metrics
    I'm unable to evaluate any results.  But the routines
    do execute.

Running GRASS 4.0 on a SPARC 2 under OpenWindow version 3.

Andrew Hertz
hertz at geog.psu.edu