Exporting SGI graphics?

nick at ikaros.harvard.edu nick at ikaros.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 28 14:03:21 EST 1993

Frank Hoffman asks about importing GRASS images into a Mac using TIFF
files. For importing GRASS images into the Mac, we've used Photoshop to
read the raw, uncompressed binary cell files. You then have to apply a
color table; this isn't hard though. One advantage of this method for
making slides, too, is that you can import a higher-resolution image than a
monitor could display, and convert it directly to film with a film
recorder. I've used  ones at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard, and
have had it done commercially as well, and the results have been very good,
extremely fine resolution.