INFORMIX information

Kris Klindworth krisk at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 6 15:05:25 EST 1993

ront at niwot.CFNR.ColoState.EDU (Ronald E. Thomas) writes:

>GRASSuser's,
>	Will anyone out there with experience or knowledge of INFORMIX please
>fill me in on one or two points?

>	Can INFORMIX accept ASCII input dumped from a DOS database,
>say dBASE III+ ?  Or better yet, will it import binary files from another
>database?  Can INFORMIX dump files into an ASCII delimited format for use
>in other databases? (Rocky is 99% DOS, only the workstations can run UNIX
>databases).

Informix has nice extensions to the SQL language for loading and unloading
ASCII delimited data.  I doubt that it will convert binary files.

>	Will someone send me the address of the developers/owners of
>INFORMIX (it is proprietary, I believe).  Is it available on a GSA schedule?

Informix Software, Inc.
4100 Bohannon Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Kris Klindworth                    Internet: krisk at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Database Programmer                Phone   : (217)244-7120
Illinois State Water Survey        US Mail : 2204 Griffith Dr
                                             Champaign, IL 61820