rectifying

Susan Stitt mrbig!susan
Fri Jan 15 10:59:51 EST 1993

>	I'm digitizing coastlines from aerial photographs but before placing
>the vectors along the shore, using v.digit, the maps are rectified to a
>common co-ordinate system.  What I would like to be able to do is place
>the shoreline on the map and then carry out the rectifications.  This way
>no resoltution is lost before placing the shorelines.  I have been unable to
>do this because when the image is rectified, the vector is not.  Does
>anyone have a solution, or any suggestions to solve this problem.
>						-brian

Yes, use the same rectification formula, but with v.transform, or v.proj if
it is a standard projection change.

Susan Stitt

  National Park Service
  Geographic Information Systems Division
  PO Box 25287                               12795 W. Alameda Parkway
  Denver Colorado  80225-0287                Lakewood Colorado  80228

  (303) 969-2596
  susan%nps at cerl.cecer.army.mil