Site list files

Kirk Mitchell kirk at s3.spl.oz.au
Mon Jan 18 15:59:26 EST 1993

I have a query regarding GRASS site lists:

Is it possible to read into site lists (using s.in.ascii) id numbers
for records as well as E,N and category number and label. For example we deal
frequently with soil samples that can only be identified using their unique
sample numbers. I therefore would like to create site lists that have the
following form:
              E|N|Category number & Category label|Sample id
Also, once the id is attached to a site list is it possible to somehow
transfer this across to a raster layer when converting the data to layers
for analysis?

Kirk Mitchell
kirk at spl.oz.au