No subject

root at uknet.ac.uk root at uknet.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 05:27:21 EST 1993

Sender: lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To: info-grass-user
From: WJONES at LIVERPOOL.AC.UK
Newsgroups: info.grass.user
Subject: Installing GRASS - Problems
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 93 10:10:51 GMT 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, I require some help installing GRASS 4.0 on a UNIX based SUN system at
Liverpool University.

The version of SunOS used is:  4.1.2_DBE1.2
Installing GRASS for use on Sun Sparc IPX workstations.

I have installed GRASS but I have a number of problems with the display.
These problems are:

1)   When screen similar to the start-up screen of GRASS are exited the
     display is left scrolling diagonally.  I have discovered this is due
     to the lack of a carriage return, <CR>, character at the end of the
     line.

2)   When G.HELP is exited the terminal does not echo characters back to
     the display and in extreme cases stops input via the keyboard.

I suspect both of these problems are concerned with the terminal configuration
of Sun Sparc IPX workstations here at Liverpool.

I would appreciate any help with these problems.

Yours in hope

Bill Jones

Department of Computing Services
The University of Liverpool