New user trying not to re-invent the wheel

Dianne Schroeder-Hansen dianne at era.com
Thu Jul 1 12:58:25 EDT 1993

Hello,

	Not three hours ago, I received my very own copy of GRASS4.1 Source Code.
I was wondering if anyone out there has already written routines to do the
following tasks:
	1) Read DMA (the Defense Mapping Agency) ITD (Interim Terrain Data)
formatted data into GRASS (once I get GRASS going).

	2) Write a layer of code around GRASS which will make accessing GRASS
functions easier to use.  This ability is necessary to simplify ITD data
queries such as, "Show me all the places that have vegetation of type A or
type B AND has a slope > 60".

Since I just received the manual, I have no idea if what I'm asking for is
realistic.  I am interested in finding some tools or applications that use
GRASS that have already been developed that would keep me from re-inventing
the wheel.

	Thanks for any hints or suggestions,
					Dianne Hansen
					Engineering Research Associates