24 bit display

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Tue Jul 13 07:23:00 EDT 1993

Olga van de Veer asked:
>  Has anyone got GRASS running on a 24-bit display with 24-bit colors ?
>  If so, can you please tell me how to change the XDRIVER to give me 24
>  bit colors ?

It is not a simple task to change from 8 bit to 24 bit color. This is
due to the difference in the way that X uses color in 8 vs. 24 bit.
It can be accomplished but requires extensive recoding of the driver
to deal with this issue.  We ran into the same problem in the
project I am working on and we have resolved it, but it was not a
simple fix.

Hope this answers your question.
Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov